EQUIPMENT HOOK-UP AND START-UP
- Check all fluids.
- Line blade up with the ATM bracket and slowly move forward until the blade is next to the rear side
- ATM lifting bracket.
- Do not lift yet.
- Locate The ATM Control and transmitter(handheld remote)
- Initialize the glow plug for six seconds. Three glow plug cycles may be used in very cold weather.
- Sync the ATM control box to the Transmitter(handheld remote) and start the engine.
- Turn the ATM's ignition switch to the left and hold for ten seconds, and then start. The engine has
- second quick glow plug. Do not hold the plug position for more than six seconds. (See your ATM
- for details.)
- The engine and hydrolyc drive system are activated by using either the remote or toggle switch in
the ATM control box.
- Tube rotation, forward and reverse, raising and lowering of the tarp spool, lights, ignition and
optional deodorizer are functional through the remote.
- The drive shaft is engaged into and disengaged from the tarp spool by using either a toggle switch
located behind the drive motor, or via the remote.
- To hook up to the tarp spool, line up the ATM with the spool and move slowly forward with the
carrier arms in the down position.
- Raise the carrier arms when the spool is centered.
- Pull down and lock into place with the top hold-downs, located on each end.
- Hold the drive shaft in line with the spool while activating the toggle switch to put the shaft into
the tarp spool.
- To unhook from the spool, reverse the above procedure.
- Drive the ATM to the top of the working face with a full tarp spool in place.
- Deploy the tarp by activating the hydraulic drive and simultaneously backing your equipment until
the working face is covered.
- Hook the tarp to the ATM spool.
- Activate the hydraulic drive and move forward to roll the tarp onto the spool.
- If the tarp is not rolling onto the spool straight, tilt the blade to straighten the tracking. Avoid
getting a lot of slack in the tarp so that you can wrap it uniformly on its tube.